COVID-19: Family Centre update
Family Centres reopening
Family centres will start to re-open in line with the current government guidance from 12 April 2021.
Face to face group sessions or drop-ins
From 12 April some drop-in sessions will be available. Take a look at the timetables to see what is running at your nearest centre.
From 19 April universal sessions will take place face to face but must be pre-booked to ensure they are covid-safe.
Appointments can be arranged by emailing the family centre plus site or by calling the BFIS duty team.
Appointments can be arranged by emailing the family centre plus site or by calling the BFIS duty team. To book an appointment please email:
To book an appointment please email your local Family Centre Plus site or call the BFIS on 01296 383 293
- Newtown Family Centre Plus (Chesham) [email protected]
- Southcourt Family Centre Plus (Aylesbury) [email protected]
- Mapledean Family Centre Plus (Wycombe) [email protected]
Health clinics continue to operate on an appointment-only basis.
Support from the Family Support Service
The Family Support Service will continue to be available for families who need help in the following ways:
- If you need urgent support and you have a Family Worker, please call them directly. Family Workers will be maintaining regular contact with new and existing clients to offer support and advice. They will agree with you how and where this will take place to make sure it is COVID-safe.
- If you don’t currently have a Family Worker and need some help or advice you can contact the Buckinghamshire Family Information Service on 01296 383 293, or you can make an online request for support.