Open days: help with choosing a school
Choosing a school for your child can be a really difficult decision. There are many things you can do to find out if the school is right for you including:
School Open Days are a great way for you to get a feel of the school, find out more about the school and start to build a relationship with the teachers and staff at the school.
There are things you can do to get more of a feel for the school, including:
- SchoolGuide have a great guide on different questions you can ask
- having a good listen to the head teacher's speech, and think about if their values align with yours
- finding out more about before and after school clubs and local childminders
- taking your child with you to get their opinion
- making sure that you can get transport to the school easily
- remembering to visit more than one school
Remember: most schools require you to book to attend an open day, make sure to plan ahead so you can visit all the schools you are considering.