Shout Out for SEND Conference 2022
We're delighted to invite pupils who will be in years 7 to 9 receiving SEN support to join us for the Shout Out for SEND Conference on 9 November 2022.
Schools have been invited to send 3 pupils to represent their schools but if you are, or have a child who will be in years 7 to 9 receiving SEN support and would like to join us we'll be pleased to welcome you to the conference.
The theme for this year’s conference is 'What does inclusion look like in a 24-hour day?'
To gather the views of young people receiving SEN support, we'll be asking:
- What do you like and feel works well in your schools, social group and communities?
- What would you like more support with?
- What are the barriers to inclusivity for you?
Best practice examples and recommendations will then be embedded within our SEND Improvement plan.
Three themed workshops will take place during the day, including:
- Inclusivity in the classroom (learning/SEN support)
- Inclusivity in school (peers/social)
- Inclusivity in the community (HAF/clubs)
Accompanying Adults Workshops
These sessions will be for any accompanying adults or parent/carers to understand the challenges surrounding inclusion in all aspects of their children’s lives. This will ensure the parent/carer voice is an integral part of our improvement journey going forward.
On the day
- Registration will be open from 9:00am for a 9:30am start.
- Refreshments and lunch will be available.
- Joining instructions and a programme for the day will be sent nearer the time.
What we need from you
- The eligible pupil details (years 7 to 9 receiving SEN support).
- Transport to and from the event.
- The level of need of those attending.
- Parental consent in advance which should include the taking of photographs.
- Agreement from the school if the young person is on role.
Supporting adult or parents/carers are welcome to stay with the young people if they have specific needs.
Please note there is likely to be one or more assistance dogs on site.
How to book
Please register your intention to attend the conference prior to September by completing the SOFS reservation form.
A more detailed booking form will then be sent to you in September to complete with all the details of the children or young person and adults attending.
For any queries, please email [email protected].
Early booking is recommended as capacity is limited.
The closing date will be 30 September unless we reach capacity prior to this date.