Short breaks service statement for families with disabled children in Buckinghamshire
Useful links and contacts
Buckinghamshire Family Information Service
The Buckinghamshire Family Information Service (BFIS) provides information and support for children, young people and families in Buckinghamshire:
SEND local offer
The SEND local offer is part of BFIS. It provides information about what is available in Buckinghamshire for children and young people aged 0 to 25 with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). This includes information about different types of short breaks.
Pinpoint is the Disabled Children's Register for Buckinghamshire. It is aimed at parents or carers of disabled children and young people and is a secure, voluntary database.
Pinpoint captures information about children and young people who have special educational needs and disabilities aged 0 to 19 years and live in Buckinghamshire (or are the responsibility of the local authority). The information (such as types of disabilities, ages and locations) helps to plan, monitor and develop facilities and services for disabled children and their families.
It is free to register. All information is used anonymously.
Currently you can choose to receive a free Max Card when you sign up. This gives you discounts on family days out. We encourage as many people as possible to join. This is so that we can get a clear picture of the need for services in Buckinghamshire. The information is also important for adult services to support disabled young people in their transition to adulthood.
How to register
- Register for a free account on the BFIS website
- Once signed in, click on 'My account' in the top menu bar
- Click on 'Disabled Children's Register'
- Add a new record for each young person that you want to join the register
- You will be given the option to get a Max Card when completing your child’s registration
The Special Educational Needs and Disability Information Service (SENDIAS) supports families with disabled children. It offers accurate, up to date and impartial resources about the law on special educational needs and disability. This covers:
- education, health and social care
- national and local policy
- SEND local offer
- your rights and choices
- your opportunities to participate
- where you can find help and advice
- how you can access this support
FACT Bucks, short for Families and Carers Together in Buckinghamshire, is a group of parents and professionals who meet to discuss real issues that affect children and young people with additional needs and disabilities in Buckinghamshire.
FACT Bucks is for parents or carers of a child or young person with additional needs who live in Buckinghamshire. FACT Bucks can offer the following:
- a chance to improve the services and support for children and young people with learning difficulties and disabilities in Buckinghamshire
- the chance to share experiences with parents of children with additional needs
- a voice to help ensure children with additional needs are fully included in society. That they have access to the support and facilities necessary to sustain and improve their well being
- the opportunity to meet directly with decision makers. As well as those providing and delivering services in Buckinghamshire
Find out more by