Search for information, advice and guidance

Find local activities and organisations in our directory.

Apply for funded childcare for your 2-year-old

Eligibility for funded childcare for 2-year-olds

Your 2-year-old will be eligible for funded childcare if you get one or more of these benefits:

  • Income Support
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
  • child tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
  • the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
  • the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)

or your child:

You may have to pay for extra costs like meals, nappies or trips.

You don't need to reapply each term once you've been found eligible, even if your situation changes.