HAF Information for providers
About the Buckinghamshire HAF Programme
The aim of the programme is to make free places available to children eligible for benefits-related free school meals for:
- the equivalent of at least four hours a day
- four days a week
- across six weeks of this year.
We are aiming to fund a diverse range of enriching and physical activities which are attractive and engaging for all ages and abilities of children and young people. The offer will include a daily healthy hot meal for children attending each holiday session.
Make an application to run a school holiday activity
The Department for Education is providing funding to local authorities to coordinate a programme that provides enriching activities and healthy food to disadvantaged children during the 2021 Easter, Summer and Christmas holidays.
We would like to collaborate with a wide network of local organisations, including existing holiday care providers, voluntary and community organisations, schools, sports and other coaching providers and creative and performing arts providers, to provide these holiday activities. We would especially welcome applications that provide a high-quality and special experience for attendees.
You can contact the Buckinghamshire HAF project team to express your interest at [email protected]
Key considerations when making your application
- Each HAF activity session should:
- operate for a minimum of four hours a day (ideally longer, for example six hours)
- include enriching and physical activities
- include a healthy hot meal
- Dates of operation for the Christmas 2021 holidays: we are flexible on the dates of delivery and number of overall days that sessions are delivered on. Providers can apply for one day’s delivery or up to the entire Christmas school holiday period.
- HAF grant funded holiday activities can only be provided to children in Buckinghamshire who receive benefits-related free school meals
- Grants will be awarded to organisations who can demonstrate an ability to deliver activities in line with the government HAF guidance
How to submit an application for HAF programme funds
The deadline for organisations to submit their application for this funding is 9 am on Monday 4 October 2021.
Applications should be submitted together with scanned electronic copies of all requested supporting documents, policies and procedures, by email to [email protected]
Organisations are advised to review details of the eligibility criteria for the fund as set out in the application guidance document, before submitting their application. Please ensure that you submit all the required information with your application.
Our decision will be based on all the information provided in your application.
We will use the information you provide only for the purpose of this grant funds application. We will store the information securely in line with data protection laws. Please read our Privacy information for more details.
What happens next
We will review each application against a range of criteria set out in the application guidance document. We will then notify applicants of the outcome.
- Information on the HAF Programme on the government website
- Resources to help schools plan and provide healthy food in schools, School food standards
- Government guidance on protective measures for out of school settings during the coronavirus pandemic