HAF Information for providers
About the Buckinghamshire HAF Programme
Funded by the Department for Education, the aim of the HAF programme is to offer free holiday clubs or activity places over the school holidays to children who receive benefits-related free school meals.
We are aiming to fund a diverse range of enriching, fun and physical activities and food which are attractive and engaging for all ages and abilities of children and young people.
The offer will include a daily healthy hot meal for children attending each holiday session.
Make an application to run a school holiday activity
We are inviting applications from a wide network of local organisations, including existing holiday care providers, voluntary and community organisations, schools, sports and other coaching providers, leisure providers and creative and performing arts providers, to provide holiday activity programmes.
We would especially welcome applications that provide a high-quality and special experience for children.
You can contact the Buckinghamshire HAF project team at [email protected] if you have any questions about applying.
2022 delivery periods
The HAF programme provides activities for the following holiday periods.
The duration of individual providers’ HAF clubs or activities can be flexible and individual providers do not need to cover all weeks that the programme runs.
All activities will be face to face.
- Easter/Spring – one week of delivery from Monday 11 April to Friday 22 April 2022
- Summer – four weeks of delivery from Thursday 21 July to Friday 2 September 2022
- Christmas/Winter – one week of delivery from Wednesday 21 December to Tuesday 3 January 2023
Key considerations when making your application
- Each HAF activity session should:
- operate for a minimum of four hours a day (ideally longer, for example six hours)
- include both enriching and physical activities
- include a healthy hot meal for each attendee (can be cooked on-site or delivered via a caterer or food business)
- HAF grant funded holiday activities can only be provided to children in Buckinghamshire who receive benefits-related free school meals
- Grants will be awarded to organisations who can demonstrate an ability to deliver activities in line with the government HAF guidance
How to submit an application for HAF programme funds
The deadline for organisations to submit their application for Christmas/Winter 2022 funding is 9am on Monday 10 October 2022.
Please download and complete the application form.
Please ensure you read the grant application guidance carefully to help you complete the form.
Applications should be submitted together with copies of all required supporting documents, policies and procedures, by email to [email protected]
Organisations are advised to review details of the eligibility criteria for the HAF grant funding as set out in the application guidance document, before submitting their application. Please ensure that you submit all the required information with your application.
Our decision will be based on all the information provided in your application.
We will use the information you provide only for the purpose of this grant funds application. We will store the information securely in line with data protection laws. Please read our Privacy information for more details.
What happens next
We will review each application against a range of criteria set out in the application guidance document. We will then notify applicants of the outcome.