Search for information, advice and guidance

Find local activities and organisations in our directory.

Disabled Children Register (BAND) and Max Card

Help us see the support we need to give people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) in Buckinghamshire by signing up for the Buckinghamshire Additional Needs Database (BAND), also known as the Disabled Children Register (DCR).

BAND allows us to gather information about local children and young people with SEND up to 25 years.

It records information such as:

  • types of disabilities
  • ages of children and young people with SEND
  • where children and young people with SEND live

This helps us to plan and improve local support and services for children and young people with SEND and their families.

If you register you can get a Max Card for discounted family days out.

How to register

To register you must live in the Buckinghamshire Council area. 

To check if you are in the right area, enter your postcode in the find your local council tool on GOV.UK.

Register for BAND (Disabled Children Register)

Manage your details

If you need to update your details, log into your my account.

We will send reminders to you asking you to check and update all details each year.

If you would like yours and your child's/children's details removed, you can delete them once logged into your account.

Update my record(s)

Max Card

Max Card is a discount scheme for children with SEND up to 25 years.

It allows families to visit hundreds of attractions across the UK for free or at a discounted rate.

To get a Max Card you need to add your child or children's details to BAND (DCR).

Once you have registered, you will get a Max Card within 4 weeks. You can find the expiry date on the back of the card. If your card has expired you can request a replacement card by logging into your account and request replace my max card.

Request a replacement Max Card

BAND and Max Card terms and conditions

Learning Disability Register

If your child has a learning disability, ask your GP to add them to the learning disability register.

By joining the register your child will get extra support when visiting your GP, and when they're 14 and over they should also get an annual health check.

If your child also has a medical condition that needs managing in school, such as:

  • asthma
  • epilepsy
  • Type 1 Diabetes

Your GP or other health professionals can work with you, your child and the school or setting to draw up an Individual Health Care Plan (IHP) for the school to follow.

The Mencap website provides advice and information on the learning disability register and how you can join.