Search for information, advice and guidance

Short breaks service statement for families with disabled children in Buckinghamshire

How to find the right short breaks

Search the SEND local offer

  • you can search for universal services and targeted short breaks on our SEND local offer
  • you can make direct contact with universal services or targeted short breaks providers. The service provider should talk to you about your child’s needs

Talk to professionals

  • you can use existing meetings or assessments to talk about short breaks, for example your child’s special education needs annual review, a meeting with your child’s social worker, family worker or another professional
  • you can also make direct contact with your child’s social worker, family worker or other professional outside of these meetings to talk about short breaks

The needs of your child and your family can change. It is important to talk to someone if you feel that the short breaks you get are no longer meeting your needs or if your family is finding it difficult to cope.