Interview panels involve young people in the recruitment of local job roles that affect young people.
Many organisations involve young people in decision making when they employ staff, whose job will influence young people in some way.
Interview panels give young people the chance to give their perspective on the recruitment process and pick those with qualities that will best represent a young person's needs.
Young people’s panels have successfully helped to appoint Service Director for Children and Young People’s portfolio and various Youth work positions
If you’re a young person you can apply to become a panellist to:
- have a say in who gets the job
- decide what questions to ask
- learn new skills
- receive training to improve their confidence and ability to take part effectively
- get an accreditation for completing the training
- get paid £25 for half a day or £50 for a full day in vouchers