SEND childcare and early years
Local early years help for SEND
Other help for parents and carers of children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) includes:
There are family centres across Buckinghamshire that offer:
- free advice and support for parents and carers
- universal health services for children and young people with SEND aged 0 to 25
Universal health services are free and available to everyone, not just children with SEND.
Search our directory to find a family centre near you:
SEND and Inclusion team
Our SEND and Inclusion team runs the National Autistic Society EarlyBird Programme, which works with parents and carers to help them:
- understand autism
- develop their child's communication skills
- support their child's behaviour
Buckinghamshire Portage Service
The Buckinghamshire Portage Service is an early years home visiting education service for children aged 0 to 3 years with SEND.
The service offers:
- Support to children with a delay in two areas of their development by a minimum of six months.
- Various portage packages depending on the needs/age of your child.
There is an open referral system so parents and carers can request the service themselves.