Search for information, advice and guidance

Find local activities and organisations in our directory.

Moving to adult social care

When you are under 18 years of age any help you get from the doctors or other medical staff comes from Children's Health Services. When you turn 18 you need to change over to Adult Health Services. This is nothing to worry about, you will find out everything you need to know here.

Care Plan

If we decide that you should get adult social care, we will write a support plan based on your needs.

The support plan will include:

  • details on how money from a personal budget or direct payments will be spent to give you the care you need, and who will manage this money
  • details on things that are important to you, so that we know how to help you get what you want from life

If you would like to write your own care plan and find local services and activities that meet your needs, you can work with an independent support broker.

Independent support brokers do not provide any SEND services themselves, but they can help you find the best people to support you and get the best prices.

Read more about independent support brokers and our team at the council.

Carer's assessment

If someone helps to care for you, they will be given a carer's assessment as part of your move to adult social care.

Parents and carers can read more about carer's assessments on the Care Advice Bucks website.