Preparing for adulthood
People at the council who can help you
At the council we are always ready to help young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) as they make the move from teen to adult.
If you need help to become independent, these teams may be able to support you:
Children and Young Adult Disability 0 to 25 Service
We help children and young people who have disabilities that make it hard for them to live a good life without extra help, equipment or information.
We may also be able to help you if you have:
- special learning needs
- obsessive compulsive disorders
- poor mental health
We can help you make choices about your future, so that you feel happy moving towards the adult life you want.
If you need help to meet your goals, we can put you in touch with experts and services that can support you.
Our main support covers:
- assessments, plans and reviews
- looking after your case if you get help from other specialist services, and making sure this runs smoothly
- help during your education, health and care (EHC) yearly or annual review in year 9, to make sure you are getting ready for independence
If you need more help you can:
- email the Children and Young Adult Disability 0 to 25 Service
- call the team on 01296 383 119
Integrated SEND Service
The Integrated SEND Service is also known as iSEND.
We want to make sure that all children and young people with SEND in the local area get a chance to do their best and follow their dreams.
To do this we work with children and young people with SEND to make sure they are:
- living fulfilling lives
- reaching their potential in education and other parts of their lives
- making a contribution to their community
Find out more about the Integrated SEND Service.