Search for information, advice and guidance

Find local activities and organisations in our directory.

Your child's mental health

Face to face mental health support for your child

If you feel like your child has been feeling unhappy or low for a long period of time, or you have serious concerns, it might be helpful to seek support from a professional.

Talk to your GP

They aren't just there for your physical health – they also have experience in helping people with their mental health and can refer your child to children and young people’s mental health services (CYPMHS).

If you don't have a GP, find a GP near you.

Make a referral to Bucks CAMHS

Bucks CAMHS are a specialist mental health service for children and young people provided by the NHS.

You can refer yourself or someone you care for using their online referral form.

Talk to your child’s school

If you express your concerns to a teacher, they might be able to tell you if they’ve noticed any changes in your child’s behaviour. They could also help refer your child to the school counsellor or mental health support team.

Search your local area

Search our directory for local organisations and services available to help support your child’s mental and emotional health.