Search for information, advice and guidance

Find local activities and organisations in our directory.

Your child's mental health

Information for parents and carers

If you’re concerned about the mental health of your child or young person, you’re not alone.

The services and organisations below can help provide some information that may be able to help you.

MindEd for families

MindEd for families is a free educational resource on children and young people’s mental health, intended to support parents and those caring for young people.


Bucks CAMHS are specialist mental health services for children and young people provided by the NHS. They have information specifically for parents and carers, to help you be as informed as possible to support your child.

Young Minds

Young Minds offer lots of advice and guidance for parents, including a parent’s survival guide and a useful A-Z of advice specifically for various mental health conditions and life events.

Royal College of Psychiatrists

The Royal College of Psychiatrists have information for parents and carers on young people’s mental health, written by psychiatrists and young people working together.