Search for information, advice and guidance

Health and SEND

If you are concerned about your child or need a diagnosis

Speak to your GP, dentist, optician or health visitor if you have any medical concerns about your child.

It is important for all children to have regular check-ups with these services. If your child has difficulty going to dentists or opticians, discuss this with your GP.

Contact the emergency services if there is an immediate risk to your child's health.

If you think your child may have special educational needs (SEN), speak to their education provider.

Education providers include:

  • early years settings such as nurseries or preschools
  • schools
  • providers of further education such as colleges

If your child is not in education, speak to your GP instead.